Run and Fun Walk now part of the 2018 Sumter Series
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Join us downtown on Main Street in front of the Opera House for the fourth annual Run for the Roses, a 5K road race for the entire family. It is all about promoting healthy lifestyles, team-building, community engagement, and most of all...FUN! The race encourages both runners and walkers to participate. Run for the Roses 5K is also part of the Sumter Race Series. We encourage runners/walkers to bring along their pets, a special prize will be awarded.
Once again in 2018 we will be having the Team Challenge. Companies/Teams from all over the area will field teams that will compete for bragging rights and the Run for the Roses Team Challenge Cup. To register a team of 6 or more contact United Way at 803-773-7935 or register online via the link provided. NOTE: Team Registration deadline is 5/2/2018 at 2:00 P.M.
Run for the Roses 5K Awards
- Overall Male and Female - best time overall
- Top Age Division Male and Female - best time per age category
- Team Challenge Cup - best total combined time of top three runners
- Corporate Challenge Team Participation – most runners/walkers on team registered on or before 5/2/2018 deadline.
- TEAM Spirit Award - Awarded to the team that shows the most team spirit by wearing matching t-shirts, colors, hats etc.
All of the proceeds from this annual race are to benefit the United Way of Sumter, Clarendon and Lee Counties.
Corporate Challenge Guidelines
- Minimum 6 runners per team
- Contact United Way if a team member is a registered runner in the Sumter Series
- No runners may be added to a team after May 2nd, 2018 at 2:00 PM no exceptions.
- Runners/walkers may register onsite day of race as an individual
- Corporate Challenge Team applications are due by Thursday, May 2nd, 2018 at 2:00 P.M.. A team captain may register the entire team on the Team Race Application or each individual participate may register online under the same team name. Online registrations require credit or debit card payment. Team captains that submit the Team Race Application must also submit each participant’s signed race waiver. All requests for Team spots must be accompanied by credit card number or payment to ensure space is held. Full payment is required for all registered team members by Tuesday, May 2nd at 2:00 P.M. Additional runners may be added after registration has been received to any Team by completing the online registration form.
- All online registrants must register under the team name to be counted as part of the Team Challenge.